Unintended Consequences

"As to diseases, make a habit of two thingsā€”to help, or at least to do no harm." Hippocrates, Epidemics, Bk. I, Sect. XI

My Photo
Name:
Location: Salem, Oregon, United States

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Theory X and Theory Y

Douglas McGregor, an American social psychologist, proposed his famous X-Y theory in his 1960 book 'The Human Side Of Enterprise'. Theory X and Y are basically opposite views of human nature. Theory X says people hate work and need to be controlled. Theory Y says people like to fulfill themselves through work.
I picked up a copy of Mona Charen's new book, Do-Gooders: How Liberals Hurt Those They Claim to Help (and the rest of us.) at the library today. I is a good example of how Conservatives think. I guess I would call that Theory X. I would call the liberal view Theory Y. Their view of life in the United States is as different as night and day.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home